compucoyle

Default barcode placement on envelopes

on my envelopes, i need the barcode to print below the address, not above it.
i'm on word 2002. help please?

FWIW, the USPS is perfectly happy with POSTNET barcodes above the address.
If this is just a matter of preference (I also prefer to put the barcode at
the bottom of the envelope), then it can't be done through Tools | Envelopes
and Labels. You'll have to set up an envelope template and put the barcode
in a frame at the bottom margin. In order to do this, you'll have to educate
yourself on the BARCODE field; it will require you to bookmark the envelope
address and reference that bookmark in the field.

"compucoyle" wrote in message
on my envelopes, i need the barcode to print below the address, not above

it.
i'm on word 2002. help please?

Joseph N.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:59:05 GMT, ?B?Y29tcHVjb3lsZQ==?=
wrote:

i need the barcode to print below the address, not above it.

Why? In the U.S., if I recall correctly, the postal regulations
governing placement of delivery bar codes on envelopes accept a bar
code above the address as well as below and to the right.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
Joseph N.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:13:34 GMT, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

You'll have to set up an envelope template and put the barcode
in a frame at the bottom margin. In order to do this, you'll
have to educate yourself on the BARCODE field; it will require
you to bookmark the envelope address and reference that bookmark
in the field.

To original poster: Also check the USPS regs on the size and
placement of the barcode. Because it's read by superfast sorting
machines, the placement is critical.

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "