Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ckoop

Default How do I change my default bullets to new default bullets?

My current default bullets are odd symbols and when I receive a word document
from another user, my odd symbols appear instead of their bullets. How can I
change my default bullets?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2tvb3A=?=,

My current default bullets are odd symbols and when I receive a word document
from another user, my odd symbols appear instead of their bullets. How can I
change my default bullets?

In a general sort of way, Word tends to use the last bullets as the "default".
If you choose a different symbol and use it in a document, does that change
anything you're seeing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ckoop

No. That is the problem, it always defaults back to my original "odd"
symbols. It has been this way since my IT dept. loaded this version (2003
professional) onto my computer.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Y2tvb3A=?=,

My current default bullets are odd symbols and when I receive a word document
from another user, my odd symbols appear instead of their bullets. How can I
change my default bullets?

In a general sort of way, Word tends to use the last bullets as the "default".
If you choose a different symbol and use it in a document, does that change
anything you're seeing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2tvb3A=?=,

No. That is the problem, it always defaults back to my original "odd"
symbols. It has been this way since my IT dept. loaded this version (2003
professional) onto my computer.

Mmmm. One thing you could try is to rename your Normal.dot template to
NormalOLD.dot, start Word and try changing/using a different bullet symbol. Does
that do any better job retaining what you choose?

I actually find it rather odd that what you see in the document is different than
what the document originally contained. It almost seems as if you could be missing a
font on your system. Do you have a fairly good relationship with anyone sending you
documents, to help you with testing and working through the problem?

My current default bullets are odd symbols and when I receive a word document
from another user, my odd symbols appear instead of their bullets. How can I
change my default bullets?

In a general sort of way, Word tends to use the last bullets as the "default".
If you choose a different symbol and use it in a document, does that change
anything you're seeing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)