Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
B Ehart

Default Email Print Merge with multiple records in the document

I can succesfully use the email merge when using only one record.

Nothing happens when I repeat this function if I have one email address on
the 1st record and then use the "next record" function to pull in information
from multiple records. Form fills out properly - the email doesn't go.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QiBFaGFydA==?=,

I can succesfully use the email merge when using only one record.

Nothing happens when I repeat this function if I have one email address on
the 1st record and then use the "next record" function to pull in information
from multiple records. Form fills out properly - the email doesn't go.

Let's see if I understand correctly: you're trying to divide up the mail merge
document to send to multiple people?

Mail merge doesn't work that way. What should happen is that you insert the
boiler plate text plus merge fields in one document. You then execute the merge
(to email, in this case) and it pulls data from the data source, one record at a
time, to fill in the merge fields. This is then sent off, and the next record
processed. One at a time.

If that doesn't shed any light on the mystery, we need more information from
you. Starting with the version of Word, the data source, and a detailed
description of what you're trying to accomplish.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
B Ehart

I don't think I explained it correctly, however, I did figure it out. I was
prefilling a form that took information from 3 records. I had the email
address in the 1st record of each set. As soon as I filled in each record
with the same email address as was in the first record of the set- the emails
went out with the prefilled form as an attachment. It worked great !

Hi ?B?QiBFaGFydA==?=,