puzzled

Default Creating a style with different formats in Word 2002

I use this test format often and would like to be able to highlight an
unformatted question/answer and click one style that will automatically
format it for me.
123. This is the way we
A. wash our car.
B. paint the house.
C. drive the car.
D. mop the floor.
I would like the 123. and the A., B., C., and D. in bold and the rest in
regular font with appropriate tabs and indents. How do I do this?

Charles Kenyon

What you want won't happen in Word. The best would be to write a macro and
that wouldn't be trivial. It would be relatively easy to set up two styles,
one for the question and one for the answers and have the second style
automatically follow the first when you are typing, but you would have to
apply the styles as you type.

This is called outline numbering and you need to set such styles up very
carefully or they'll go bonkers on you.

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained