Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Georgea

Default inserting pdf files in Word

I have a lease with a number of schedules "A", "B", "C", etc.. Each of the
Schedules has a header, e.g., "Schedule "A" printed in Word at the top of the
page. On the same schedule page I want to print (overwrite) a pdf file. For
example, the header "Schedule "A" - Premises" with the view of the leased
premises showing on the smae page right underneath. I would then be able to
send out a draft lease with the text and the pdf file printable by all
parties.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you have Acrobat 7 Reader installed, you can insert one page PDF files as
objects (for multi-page PDF's only the first page is inserted). Word has no
other ability to handle PDF files which were not intended to be used in this
way.

Georgea wrote:
I have a lease with a number of schedules "A", "B", "C", etc.. Each
of the Schedules has a header, e.g., "Schedule "A" printed in Word at
the top of the page. On the same schedule page I want to print
(overwrite) a pdf file. For example, the header "Schedule "A" -
Premises" with the view of the leased premises showing on the smae
page right underneath. I would then be able to send out a draft
lease with the text and the pdf file printable by all parties.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

No - it only works with Acrobat 7 reader.
You'll need to check out that compatibility issue with the software writers
involved.

Georgea wrote:
Graham ,

Thanks. A couple of stupid questions... We have Adobe Reader 6.0
installed. Will that do? We can't upgrade this product as Teraview
land registry program has an incompatability with a higher version.

Anyway, if I have this program open, how would I use it to insert the
file? Merci!