Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
margaret

Default Blank date fields in Excel merging with Date/Time

I'm not sure if this is an Access, Excel or Word questions, so I'll start at
the end.

I have an Access database in which run I a query and send the information
into an Excel spreadsheet. The Excel files has two date fields that may or
may not have information. When I run a Word merge and look at the
information, the fileds that do not have a date, have 12:00 a.m. If the
field does have the date, it is correct. Why is Word putting a date in the
blank fields?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
margaret

I changed all my date fields in Access to text fields and when they merged
with Word it worked fine.