Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BatteryMan

Default mail merge FILTER

i have always been able to filter my excel lists in mail merge by clicking on
the arrow next to the column heading in view Mail Merge Recipients. All of a
sudden, i am not able to click on the arrows. It does nothing. I am also
not able to click on the column heading to sort by that column. Does anyone
have any idea what has happened, or how to fix it ???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Does it work with any data source (e.g. if you create a completely new data
source in Word or Excel? Or is it just
a. Excel data sources in general (in which case I would consider trying a
Check and repair in Excel)
b. your Excel document (in which case you may have to rebuild it from
scratch)

Peter Jamieson

"BatteryMan" wrote in message
i have always been able to filter my excel lists in mail merge by clicking
on
the arrow next to the column heading in view Mail Merge Recipients. All
of a
sudden, i am not able to click on the arrows. It does nothing. I am also
not able to click on the column heading to sort by that column. Does
anyone
have any idea what has happened, or how to fix it ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RRR_News

BatteryMan,
Did you installed the updates from MS that were released around 4/12/06? For
many individuals, they have caused some of their programs to not work
properly, or as they did before the installation. You might consider, before
needing to rebuild your database. To uninstall these updates one at a time.
And then see if you get the function back. Then just reinstall the updates
that don't seem to be causing trouble.

MS is aware that these updates have caused some problems. And may be working
on a solution.

--

Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
Does it work with any data source (e.g. if you create a completely new data
source in Word or Excel? Or is it just
a. Excel data sources in general (in which case I would consider trying a
Check and repair in Excel)
b. your Excel document (in which case you may have to rebuild it from
scratch)

Peter Jamieson

"BatteryMan" wrote in message
i have always been able to filter my excel lists in mail merge by clicking
on
the arrow next to the column heading in view Mail Merge Recipients. All
of a
sudden, i am not able to click on the arrows. It does nothing. I am also
not able to click on the column heading to sort by that column. Does
anyone
have any idea what has happened, or how to fix it ???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BatteryMan

I do not recall downloading any office updates in a while. My computer
automatically downloads windows updates. Are you referring to Office updates
?

It does the same if I create a new list in excel, or use my other lists.
Every other computer in the office does the operation as normal. Its just
mine. Nothing else seems out of the ordinary.

I have tried doing a repair from the CD and detect and repair in Word, I'll
try it in Excell as well.

"RRR_News" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RRR_News

BatteryMan,
Start Control Panel Add/Remove Programs Make sure that box for Show
Updates is checked Scroll to the bottom of the list, there should be
several updates listed for 4/12/06, or there about. They came through the MS
Update or Windows Update process. These are the ones that are causing
problems with some individual's PC's. I personally had to uninstall the one
for OE, because it change a email template I had, to read only, as if it was
an already sent message.

I have read postings that some of updates, have caused problems with saving
Office documents, such as Excel.