Barb Reinhardt

Default Date issue merging from Excel field in Date format to Word

When I merge from Excel to Word with a date field, I get the date listed as
38018 instead of 2/1/2004. What should I do to get it to display properly.
The date is formatted as m/dd/yyyy in Excel and I've added the following
field switch to the merge date field in Word

\@ "MM/dd/yyyy"

Any suggestions?

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and in
particular the Excel data section and the alternative method of connecting
to the data file for Word 2002 and 2003.