Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonnyeck

Default Converting MS Word text to standard text for online application

I need to convert my resume text into standard text to paste it into an
online employment application. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I have tried
copying and pasting the whole document into Notepad, and then copying and
pasting from there, but the employment web page keeps rejecting it--saying it
needs to be converted to standard text before pasting. I thought I was doing
that. Help! I am currently using MS Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Did you try "Save As" and change the file type to text?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jonnyeck" wrote in message
I need to convert my resume text into standard text to paste it into an
online employment application. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I have
tried
copying and pasting the whole document into Notepad, and then copying and
pasting from there, but the employment web page keeps rejecting it--saying
it
needs to be converted to standard text before pasting. I thought I was
doing
that. Help! I am currently using MS Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonnyeck

Default Converting MS Word text to standard text for online applicatio

Yes. I've tried everything I can think of--including saving the Notepad
document in the various types of encoding--unicode, ANSI, etc.

"jonnyeck" wrote in message
I need to convert my resume text into standard text to paste it into an
online employment application. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I have
tried
copying and pasting the whole document into Notepad, and then copying and
pasting from there, but the employment web page keeps rejecting it--saying
it
needs to be converted to standard text before pasting. I thought I was
doing
that. Help! I am currently using MS Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Perhaps it's not you. Contact the prospective employer and let them know you
are having problems with their system.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jonnyeck" wrote in message
I need to convert my resume text into standard text to paste it into an
online employment application. So far, I have been unsuccessful. I have
tried
copying and pasting the whole document into Notepad, and then copying
and
pasting from there, but the employment web page keeps rejecting
it--saying
it
needs to be converted to standard text before pasting. I thought I was
doing
that. Help! I am currently using MS Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you copy into Notepad then as Notepad will only handle plain text, that
is what you have!
If it won't copy and paste from Notepad the problems are elsewhere.