Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mina.y.kim@gmail.com is offline

Default Label Confusion with Mac

Hello,
I recently switched from a PC to a Mac.
I am in the process of inputing addresses into Microsoft Word. I used
the "Labels" option, but now I need to add more addresses to the
existing document. However, I cannot and it is from my understanding
(and reading your posts) that I have to use two documents and merge the
two. I tried to follow the steps on the recommended sites in the post (
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5fa78ee0c96a91
). When I tried, my results were nothing like the examples. In fact, I
couldn't even get past step one. Thus, my question is if there is
another set of instructions for Mac users.

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Help here
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...4#Data%20Merge

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I recently switched from a PC to a Mac.
I am in the process of inputing addresses into Microsoft Word. I used
the "Labels" option, but now I need to add more addresses to the
existing document. However, I cannot and it is from my understanding
(and reading your posts) that I have to use two documents and merge the
two. I tried to follow the steps on the recommended sites in the post (
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5fa78ee0c96a91
). When I tried, my results were nothing like the examples. In fact, I
couldn't even get past step one. Thus, my question is if there is
another set of instructions for Mac users.

Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mina,

There are also Mac-specific newsgroups, where you can post questions.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

If the directions Mary Sauer pointed you to don't resolve your issue, you
might repost your question on the MacWord newsgroups--explaining what you
did, what you wanted to happen, and what happened instead.

More info on using Newsgroups:
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/AccessNewsgroups.html

On 9/4/06 6:46 AM, " wrote:

Hello,
I recently switched from a PC to a Mac.
I am in the process of inputing addresses into Microsoft Word. I used
the "Labels" option, but now I need to add more addresses to the
existing document. However, I cannot and it is from my understanding
(and reading your posts) that I have to use two documents and merge the
two. I tried to follow the steps on the recommended sites in the post (
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...nt/browse_thre
ad/thread/66f93ea01f255041/a85fa78ee0c96a91%23a85fa78ee0c96a91
). When I tried, my results were nothing like the examples. In fact, I
couldn't even get past step one. Thus, my question is if there is
another set of instructions for Mac users.

Thank you so much.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/