StevePr

Default automatically Input text in one area as I input in another?

How do I automatically Input text in one area as I input in another?
Jean-Guy Marcil

StevePr was telling us:
StevePr nous racontait que :

How do I automatically Input text in one area as I input in another?

Use {REF} fields where you want the repeated text.

E.g: On page one, you have some text;
Assign a bookmark to that text (Insert Bookmarks, let's call it "Text1");
Everywhere else you want the text bookmarked by Text1 to appear do:
CTRL-F9;
A pair of { } will appear;
Type REF Text1 between the curly braces;
Create all the REF fields you want.

When you are done do ALT-F9 twice to switch from field code view to regular
view.

Whenever you modify the text bookmarked by Text1, it will automatically
update everywhere you inserted a REF fields., except if you delete the
bookmark itself.

If you are using protected forms, use the text field name in the REF field.
--
Salut!

Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Can one item of text be automatically replicated in several spots? Chris Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 03:28 PM
Automatically changing text when another text is changed Melissa S Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 08:43 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How can I automatically select the text of a Section in Word? Matt Landry Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 08:54 AM