DOVER_WIGHT_PORTLAND

Default temporary Word files

How do I prevent temporary Word files showing in the folder windows?

You can't. See €śDescription of how Word creates temporary files€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632

"DOVER_WIGHT_PORTLAND"
wrote in message ...
How do I prevent temporary Word files showing in the folder windows?

If you *can* delete them, it's okay--that means that Word isn't using them
any more. Ordinarily they are deleted when you close a document or quit
Word, but if Word hangs or the system crashes, you'll have them left lying
around, and it's fine (indeed, advisable) to delete them (and not just those
in the document folder but those in the Windows Temp folder as well). See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

"DOVER_WIGHT_PORTLAND" wrote
in message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can't. See €śDescription of how Word creates temporary files€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211632

newsgroup so
all may benefit.