Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jturpin jturpin is offline

Default Converting a docx in '07 w/a table won't convert to Word '03

I created a document in Word '07 that had a table spanning 6 pages. I saved
the document as "Word 97-2003" type document. The 'saved' document's table
was 'trashed' after page 1. It appeared as though Page 2 was overwritten by
Page 3...Page 3 was overwritten by Page 4...etc.

The only way to get the table into an '03 version doc was to Copy and Paste.

Suggestions to 'overcome' this (without the 'copy & paste)?
--
J Turpin
Old Hickory, TN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

The easiest way is to make sure that you are in Word 97-2003 before you use
any of the tools in the Tables tab. That way any of the features that are
not compatible will be grayed out and you won't use them.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"jturpin" wrote in message
I created a document in Word '07 that had a table spanning 6 pages. I
saved
the document as "Word 97-2003" type document. The 'saved' document's
table
was 'trashed' after page 1. It appeared as though Page 2 was overwritten
by
Page 3...Page 3 was overwritten by Page 4...etc.

The only way to get the table into an '03 version doc was to Copy and
Paste.

Suggestions to 'overcome' this (without the 'copy & paste)?
--
J Turpin
Old Hickory, TN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi J.,

Was the file created in the Word 2007 release or a beta version or first created in an earlier Word version?

Can you post a link to or email me a copy of the file where this is happening?

================
"jturpin" wrote in message ...
I created a document in Word '07 that had a table spanning 6 pages. I saved
the document as "Word 97-2003" type document. The 'saved' document's table
was 'trashed' after page 1. It appeared as though Page 2 was overwritten by
Page 3...Page 3 was overwritten by Page 4...etc.

The only way to get the table into an '03 version doc was to Copy and Paste.

Suggestions to 'overcome' this (without the 'copy & paste)?
--
J Turpin
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jturpin jturpin is offline

Bob:
The table was originally created in Excel 2007 and 'pasted' into Word '07.
Some minor formatting was performed in Word like page centering - nothing
unusual.

I can get you a copy of the file - but it has been changed while trying to
fix the problem.
--
J Turpin
Old Hickory, TN