Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Steve Steve is offline

Default Table resize to fit contents

I want to make a table that will automatically adjust the width of the column
to fit the text. Neither setting Automatically resize to fit contents, or
setting Table-AutoFit-AutoFit to contents seems to do this. The last
character I type always gets wrapped to the next line in the cell. This seems
very odd.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Steve wrote:
I want to make a table that will automatically adjust the width of the
column
to fit the text. Neither setting Automatically resize to fit contents, or
setting Table-AutoFit-AutoFit to contents seems to do this. The last
character I type always gets wrapped to the next line in the cell. This
seems
very odd.

Hi Steve,

Definitely odd, but I've seen it happen before. In some conditions (which
unfortunately I can't remember exactly) Word miscalculates the space needed
to fit the text.
I think it was an (Asian typography?) setting in "Tools Options
Compatibility" that caused it, maybe check there.

Regards,
Klaus