Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Tony is offline

Default Resizing a Word Table

I've created a form with a table in Word v2002. Ordinarily I can adjust the
height or width of a cell simply by clicking and dragging accordingly. When
a different machine is used, I cannot adjust the cell width in this manner -
it is fixed. However, when the same file is launched on a different machine
of the same version I can adjust the cell as expected. I am very found of
clicking and dragging. I've compared the parameters in Table Options and
they are identical. I don't know where else to check. Does anyone have a
remedy?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Tony

Tony wrote:
I've created a form with a table in Word v2002.

Form as in a Word document locked for forms (you can only type in
certain pre-designated areas)?

Ordinarily I can adjust the
height or width of a cell simply by clicking and dragging accordingly. When
a different machine is used, I cannot adjust the cell width in this manner -
it is fixed. However, when the same file is launched on a different machine
of the same version I can adjust the cell as expected. I am very found of
clicking and dragging. I've compared the parameters in Table Options and
they are identical. I don't know where else to check. Does anyone have a
remedy?

Are you positive that both computers run the same version (of the same
program :-))?

It's certainly not usual for a table to suddenly "lock up". I would
double check the mouse. I take it you can readily adjust the table cells
by going through the table menu?

An AutoMakro on the one machine locking the form so you cannot edit it
anymore is a possibility (though such a small one that it borders on the
things to check when all else is accounted for ...).

0.02ΒΆ
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

You can try this:

Convert Table to Text

1. On the Table menu, point to Convert, and click Table to Text
2. In the Convert Table to Text dialog box, click any option.
you can select the Tab option
3. Click OK

Convert Text to Table
1. On the Table menu, point to Convert, and click Text to Table
2. In the Convert Text to Table dialog box, select the number of cloumns as
the original number of columns.
3. Under Seperate text at, the delimited text option is visible
4. Click OK

Challa Prabhu