Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lektrik Norm Lektrik Norm is offline

Default Inserting a new page in Word 2007

I'm using Word 2007 & trying (in vain) to simply insert a new page before the
first page.
The first page contains a table & Word insists that it is at the top of the
page. I insert a couple of CRs after the table, set the text wrapping of the
table to be "None" then drag the table down to get the CRs above tha table.
Word changed the text wrapping to "Around" for some reason - if I set it back
to "None" the table moves back to the beginning!
Anyway, with the two CRs above the table I put the cursor after the fist
one, hit Ctrl-Enter & a Page break symbol appears under the CR, just above
the table. Typing any character moves the page break below the table & lo &
behold, the tables back at the begining.
I can't find how to show the anchor for the table as you can with pictures,
if I could I might be able to move it down & solve the problem.

Anyone know how or is this a bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Press Ctrl+Home to get to the top of the document, which will be the
beginning of the table. Then press Enter. This will insert a paragraph above
the table. This works *only* at the beginning of the first cell of a table
at the beginning of a document.

news

&