Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
alicecbrown alicecbrown is offline

Default How can I get the heading rows to repeat AFTER I create the table

Help says to select the top row and under Tables, click on Header Row Repeat.
I did that but I already had my table mostly filled in at the time. Now it
won't repeat. Is this a bug?
I also selected Header Row Repeat before I built another table and had no
problem. We should be able to do this at any time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It doesn't matter when you select a heading row; any row(s) selected as (a)
heading row(s) will repeat. If your heading row is not repeating, check the
following:

1. You're in Print Layout view (you won't see repeating rows in Normal
view).

2. The table is not wrapped (on the Table tab of Table Properties, make sure
wrapping is set to None).

3. The table is not split (if you click on the table handle, is the entire
table selected, or if you click the arrow to select a column, is it selected
clear to the bottom of the table).

4. The heading row is the top row of the table. You can have as many heading
rows as you like, but they must be contiguous and include the top row.