Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
delage delage is offline

Default Deleting multiples BLANK cells

Hi, I have a very - veeery huge table, which became from an Excell worksheet.
But I have, in the past, removed the contents of several cells which are bank
now. As this document is in fact a label archive, now when I print it, there
is a lot of blank labels in the middle of the documet. I have tried to delent
ONLY the blank fields, but the only way I found is deleting one in eache
time, - and I have more that 300 blank cells!!! How can I do to delete the
blank cells, all in one time, maintaining the structure and shape of the
table, to be sure that labels will be perfectly printed in the future - but
without the blank labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
delage delage is offline

Thank you, but it was not enough. Acctually, I have already "merged" the
document AND saver ad a simple word document - not "linked" to the original
excell arquive. Now, all I have is a HUGE table in a word document with a lot
of blank cells. And I cant "invert" the merge, returning to the excell,
because when I import the table to the excell, it goes as a list, with one
field over the other, in the same column...

delage wrote:
Hi, I have a very - veeery huge table, which became from an Excell
worksheet. But I have, in the past, removed the contents of several
cells which are bank now. As this document is in fact a label
archive, now when I print it, there is a lot of blank labels in the
middle of the documet. I have tried to delent ONLY the blank fields,
but the only way I found is deleting one in eache time, - and I have
more that 300 blank cells!!! How can I do to delete the blank cells,
all in one time, maintaining the structure and shape of the table, to
be sure that labels will be perfectly printed in the future - but
without the blank labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

I just threw this together so please test on a copy of your document
first:

Sub RefillTable()
Dim myArray() As String
Dim oTbl As Word.Table
Dim cCnt As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim txtCnt As Long
Dim oRng As Word.Range
Set oTbl = Selection.Tables(1)
cCnt = oTbl.Range.Cells.Count
ReDim myArray(cCnt - 1)
txtCnt = 0
For i = 1 To cCnt
Set oRng = oTbl.Range.Cells(i).Range
If oTbl.Range.Cells(i).Range.Text Chr(13) & Chr(7) Then
oRng.MoveEndWhile Cset:=Chr(13) & Chr(7), Count:=wdBackward
myArray(txtCnt) = oRng.Text
txtCnt = txtCnt + 1
oRng.Delete
End If
Set oRng = Nothing
Next
ReDim Preserve myArray(txtCnt)
For i = 0 To txtCnt
oTbl.Range.Cells(i + 1).Range.Text = myArray(i)
Next i
End Sub