Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
fawnthom fawnthom is offline

Default How can I made new Phone Extension Labels for my office phones?

I have Lucent PARTNER-34D phones at the office.
Ours are the ones with rectangle buttons.
We are in great need of new Designation Labels.
However, Lucent no longer makes them . . . no one seems to.
I would like to make a form in Word or Excel that I can take to the printer
for custom cutting of the needed holes.
Problem is, I do not know how to format such a label.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RichN RichN is offline

Well, if you're lucky, the size of labels you need corresponds to one of the
label sizes made by popular Label companies. Check out "Tools, Envelopes and
Labels, Labels, Options" to see different sizes. If you choose one of these
preset sizes, Word formats the document for you so that you can type into
each label.

If it's a different (non-standard) size, start by measuring the phone label.
Let's say, for example, it's 1" x 2". Do some math and divide the printed
page (8-1/2" x 11) into 7 or 8 labels across, and however many down. Make
sure to allow space between labels and also for margins. Let's say you
calculate you can fit 7 labels across and 6 down.....

Table, Insert Table, Number of Rows = 6, Number of Columns = 7.

You can make the cell borders invisible or light or regular width, as
needed. Table, Select Table, Format Borders and Shading, etc.

Have fun!