Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
dbdoer dbdoer is offline

Default How do I sort a Word table for rows that start with # character

I have a document that was converted from an Excel doc and now is just one
column with text and images in the cells.

I need to sort by the cells that have an initial character: an pound sign to
separate the critical issues, but Table, sort... does nothing. Also the rows
were breaking across pages which I unchecked, but now there appear to be
separate tables.
There are 85 rows and cutting and pasting seems like it might lead to errors.

Any suggestions to sort so that the # critical issues are at the top of the
list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Your first problem will be to rejoin the tables. Make sure there are no
empty paragraphs (or page breaks) between them, that you don't have heading
rows interspersed with the ordinary ones, that no pieces of the table are
wrapped, etc. Once you've got it all back into one table, you should be able
to sort on the column that has # at the beginning of some cells, and those
rows should sort, if not to the top, at least to the same place.

news