Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
McMillion McMillion is offline

Default inserting files into word document

In Word 2007 I tried to insert a linked word multi-page file into my word
document. All that appears is part of the first page. The insert file stops
at the end of the page and will not continue on to the next page. How can I
insert a multi-page document into another document so that whole thing
appears and can be edited from the orginal document?

A second similiar question is how can I have a PDF file insert into my
document so that it appears in its entireity instead of just showing an icon?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The same issue applies in both cases. In the first case - the Word document,
you are inserting it as an object.. Objects cannot span pages. You must
insert as text from file.
In the second case, the PDF file will always be an object as Word has no
ability to convert PDF format. You can insert a single page PDF as an object
if you have Adobe Reader (or Acrobat) from version 7 on. For multi-page PDFs
you will need to either split the PDF into separate pages or output to a
series of graphics files eg with SnagIt and insert those.