Hilary

Default setting cell width

Hi. I have a table with form fields in each cell. I want
to control the width of each cell so that when the user
inputs information in the field, it will not increase the
width of the cell. I found a way to set the height to
exact, but I am unable to figure out how to set the width.

I thought about limiting the number of characters in the
form field, but even with that option, it could still push
the cell to the right.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hilary
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Hilary,

I have a table with form fields in each cell. I want
to control the width of each cell so that when the user
inputs information in the field, it will not increase the
width of the cell. I found a way to set the height to
exact, but I am unable to figure out how to set the width.

Since you don't mention the version of Word, it's not
possible to tell you exactly where to find the command. But
it's there, in the Table menu, somewhere.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun
8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)