Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank Frank is offline

Default Editing an index

How do I delete an index and start again? I have been "playing" with creating
an index and used the "Mark All" tab. Is there some way of wiping all of
those XE tags in the main document and starting again or do I have to delete
each of them individually? Please!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If necessary, press the ¶ button so you can see the XE fields, which are
formatted as hidden text.

In the Edit Replace dialog, in the Find What box, enter

^d XE

The ^d code represents the field brace, and there's a space between that and
the XE. Leave the Replace With box empty, and click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman