Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
duam duam is offline

Default MS Office Home and Student 2007-trial activ.

I already got a 60-day trial key for this product which is d/loaded into my
laptop.

HOWEVER, I cannot type anything in Word!

It keeps saying it is 'locked'--the toolbars and all are faded gray.

Ideas?

LO
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably didn't activate the trial software. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...733401033.aspx "How to
install and activate 2007 Microsoft Office system programs".

duam wrote:

I already got a 60-day trial key for this product which is d/loaded into my
laptop.

HOWEVER, I cannot type anything in Word!

It keeps saying it is 'locked'--the toolbars and all are faded gray.

Ideas?

LO

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you install the trial software, you probably got a message at the
end that said something about "installation complete" or "installation
successful". Installation is not the same as activation. But I gave
you the wrong link in my original reply... I meant to direct you to See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...936151033.aspx "Activation
and conversion information for 2007 Microsoft Office system Trials".

Or maybe the problem is that you already had a previous trial version
installed, and you are now trying to install another trial version after
the first one expired. You cannot continue to use trial versions
indefinitely.