Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arizonawill Arizonawill is offline

Default Putting Page Numbers in an MS Word 2007 Document

I've read all the present posts on this subject but none has answered my
question. I have a lengthy Word 2007 document which has a cover page and 1.5
pages of introduction. I want to number the 1.5 pages of the introduction
with Roman-style small case letters (i, ii,iii, iv, etc.) and then the main
body of my document with regular page numbers at the top alternating sides
(odd vs even). I've read through all the Microsoft BS both on the help
function and on-line and nothing tells me how to put just plain page numbers
as described above. I don't want anything fancy, just a simple page number.
Can someone explain how to do this without just referring me to a website?
I've already been there!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arizonawill Arizonawill is offline

All the info you gave is for earlier versions of Word and were just websites
which I have visited before! Apparently there is nobody out there in MS
Office 2007 world that knows how to insert page numbers as I need them. Not
surprising.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although access to headers and footers has changed somewhat in Word 2007,
nothing about their essential function has changed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

newsgroup so