Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

Default Booklet printing in Word 2007?

What is the best way to print a leaflet or booklet from Word 2007?

What I mean is, I have a document in A4 landscape format with two columns on
each of the two pages. I want to print this (on a duplex printer) so the
pages are in the right order when it is folded in half to A5.

This equates to printing columns 1 and 4 on one side, and 2 and 3 on the
other. I think!

Any thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:07:30 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

What is the best way to print a leaflet or booklet from Word 2007?

D'OH! I've just discovered Book Fold in Page Setup.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:35:56 +0000, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

What is the best way to print a leaflet or booklet from Word 2007?

D'OH! I've just discovered Book Fold in Page Setup.

Well, I thought I'd fixed it, but no. If I do a Print Preview, all is fine.
If I then print on my LaserJet 4000, the image that should be on the front
page is on the back (on the same side of A4).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth[_2_] Nigel Molesworth[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:10:25 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Unfortunately, this is a known bug with (so far) no known solution.

Not even a workaround?

I've got a test document he http://www.mercier.org.uk/Booklet Test.zip
it even has the problem with this very basic document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

wrote:

Unfortunately, this is a known bug with (so far) no known solution.

Not even a workaround?

I've got a test document he http://www.mercier.org.uk/Booklet Test.zip
it even has the problem with this very basic document.

This page suggests using the .doc format instead of .docx, and using
Publisher. Haven't tested anything myself.
http://blogs.3sharp.com/Blog/dougv/a...2/03/2675.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Astigmatic Owl Astigmatic Owl is offline

wrote:

Unfortunately, this is a known bug with (so far) no known solution.

Not even a workaround?
I've got a test document he http://www.mercier.org.uk/Booklet
Test.zip
it even has the problem with this very basic document.

This page suggests using the .doc format instead of .docx, and using
Publisher. Haven't tested anything myself.
http://blogs.3sharp.com/Blog/dougv/a...2/03/2675.aspx

I have had success both in saving the booklet as .doc or as .pdf.