Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
intel intel is offline

Default AutoCorrect options

I am running Word 2003. When I go to Tools and Autocorrect options I am only
seeing the autocorrect tab. I am missing the other tabs (Autoformat as you
type, Auto Format, Smart tags, etc)

Any idea how to get those back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like the menu's Tools - AutoCorrect Options command has been
replaced by ToolsAutoCorrect rather than ToolsAutoManager. One way to fix
this is to reset the menu to the default, assuming you don't have custom
changes you want to preserve. To do this, right-click the menu and choose
Customize - Toolbars tab. Click on Menu Bar, then click Reset.

If you have customizations you want to preserve, then right-click the menu
and choose Customize - Commands tab. Set Categories to All Commands, and set
Commands: to ToolsAutoManager. Drag ToolsAutoManager up to the Tools menu
and drop it in the desired location. Drag the existing Tools AutoCorrect
Options... command off the menu until you see an X next to it, then release
the mouse button.

To then give ToolsAutoManager the desired name, with Customize still open,
click Tools (if necessary) to expose the ToolsAutoManager command, and right
click on it. Replace the displayed name (&AutoManager...) with &AutoCorrect
Options...; press Enter, then click Close.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible