AccessExpert

Default Hyperlink to web page with bookmark

I insert a hyperlink to a web address that includes a bookmark into a word
document. It formats the hyperlink with # in front of the bookmark. When I
click on the hyperlink, I do not go to the correct web site. If I put in a
second # the link works correctly. This was reported as a bug in Word 97 but
MS said it was fixed in 2003.

Has anybody else encountered this issue and if so what work around or fix
are you using?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

I'm not sure I'm following your scenario when
you say you're trying to get to a bookmarked item
in Word but then that you're not going to a 'correct website'.?

What version of Word (build # from Help=About) are you using?

If you're navigating into a Word document from a webpage and
include the bookmark in that hyperlink that would normally
take you to that spot in the Word document (assuming the
bookmark exists in the document and there aren't startup
macros or add-ins that 'take over' when Word starts).

------------------

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

AccessExpert

Okay so I was a little cryptic. Let me try again.

I am in a word document and I am inseting a hyperlink to a web address that
includes a bookmark on the website. The link looks like this:
http://intranet.regence.com/wbt/prod....html#Identify

When I click it this is the address I am taken to:
http://intranet.regence.com/wbt/prod...iance/Identify

The problem seems to be with the # sign in the link. If I manually add a
second # to the address it works fine. So this link:
http://intranet.regence.com/wbt/prod...html##Identify
will take me to:
http://intranet.regence.com/wbt/prod....html#Identify

Does that make better sense?