whartonmatt

Default remove the 98 mail merge options from the tools menu!

I'm tired of having to wait forever when I open the tools menu to get to the
bottom where the auto correct option is. Why are so many blessed mail merge
options?! If you can help me get rid of the useless wonders, I would greatly
appreciate it!
Peter Jamieson

Go to Tools|Customize, then open up the Tools menu and drag the offending
menu options to oblivion. Perhaps leave one, as you may need it.

This problem generally seems to occur when users have Works Suite (i.e. one
of the versions with Word), which has a "Works Suite" converter which you
can uninstall from Control Panel|Add/Remove software. However, you will lose
the Works merge functionality if you do that.

You might also find it helpful to close Word, find your copy of normal.dot,
rename it. and let Word create a new one from scratch.

Peter Jamieson