Inspector30

Default Track changes printing and displaying

For my document, I need to be able to indicate a change was made to a certain
section, but not actually show the change. So I need the tracking bar to
show up and the actual changes without the mark up to show in my final print
out.

There doesn't seem to be a way to select just for the tracking bar to print,
from the show menu on track changes. I was wondering if there is way to do
this or if it isn't possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:22:05 -0700, "Inspector30"
wrote:

For my document, I need to be able to indicate a change was made to a certain
section, but not actually show the change. So I need the tracking bar to
show up and the actual changes without the mark up to show in my final print
out.

There doesn't seem to be a way to select just for the tracking bar to print,
from the show menu on track changes. I was wondering if there is way to do
this or if it isn't possible. Any help would be appreciated.

If you don't mind the changes still being in the document, so that
others who receive the file could change the view and find out what
the changes are, you can set the tracking options to:

Insertions: (none), color = Auto or black
Deletions: Hidden
Formatting: (none)
Changed lines: Outside border
Use balloons: Never

Set the view to Final Showing Markup. This is certainly sufficient for
printing.

The alternative is to accept all changes, and use the line tool from
the Drawing toolbar to recreate the change bars.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman