Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Wallyg

Default remove mail merge from word 2003

I was using word to sent out a newsletter with 15 groups in Outlook Express.
These 15 groups consist of 600 email addresses.
I tried using mailmerge in word in order to send these emails to each
individual instead of using BCC. Aol really has a problem with that amongst
others. Every one of these folks have asked to be on my list so it is not
spam.
I have not been able to get my O E groups set up for it and transferred into
words mail merge, so for now I wish to go back to the old way, but word keeps
going to its mailmerge data bank, which has nothing in it and I don't feel
like typing in 600 entries.
I've told the document to be a normal word doc. but it refuses to listen.
How can I get rid of it. It does not do what is advertised in the help for
going back to a normal doc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

To use addresses from Outlook, you will need to export the information as a
"Text (comma separated)" file. Then I would suggest that you use the
mailmerge toolbar rather than the wizard by selecting Toolbars from the View
menu and checking the Mail Merge item in the list. With the second button
from the left hand end of the toolbar, you can then select the file that you
exported from OE as the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.