Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
genz_mail genz_mail is offline

Default I cannot turn off the Document Map. It shows every time I open a d

I turn off the Document Map, save the current document, and close out of Word.
When I open the document (or a new document for that matter) the Document
Map comes up regardless of the view I choose.

How do I set my Word program to open in normal view without the document map?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?Z2Vuel9tYWls?=,

I turn off the Document Map, save the current document, and close out of Word.
When I open the document (or a new document for that matter) the Document
Map comes up regardless of the view I choose.

How do I set my Word program to open in normal view without the document map?

If you rename your Normal.dot template to NormalOLD.dot, the start Word, open a
document, turn off the document map, type something and delete (NOT UNDO!) it,
save and close... Does the document map stay "gone"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
genz_mail genz_mail is offline

Default I cannot turn off the Document Map. It shows every time I open

Hi Cindy:

Thanks for the post. I followed your step. (rename, open new doc, turn off
doc map, typed, highlighted typed and used delete key to delete, saved the
document, and closed it.

When I opened a new word document....the document map automatically came up.
So, I guess that didn't work.

Any more ideas?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Z2Vuel9tYWls?=,

I turn off the Document Map, save the current document, and close out of Word.
When I open the document (or a new document for that matter) the Document
Map comes up regardless of the view I choose.

How do I set my Word program to open in normal view without the document map?

If you rename your Normal.dot template to NormalOLD.dot, the start Word, open a
document, turn off the document map, type something and delete (NOT UNDO!) it,
save and close... Does the document map stay "gone"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

"genz_mail" wrote in message
Hi Cindy:

Thanks for the post. I followed your step. (rename, open new doc, turn

off
doc map, typed, highlighted typed and used delete key to delete, saved the
document, and closed it.

When I opened a new word document....the document map automatically came

up.
So, I guess that didn't work.

Any more ideas?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Z2Vuel9tYWls?=,

I turn off the Document Map, save the current document, and close out

of Word.
When I open the document (or a new document for that matter) the

Document
Map comes up regardless of the view I choose.

How do I set my Word program to open in normal view without the

document map?

If you rename your Normal.dot template to NormalOLD.dot, the start Word,

open a
document, turn off the document map, type something and delete (NOT

UNDO!) it,
save and close... Does the document map stay "gone"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply