Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ricki Miles

Default Using several files to make one document

I am creating a manual in Word 2003. The material has been created as
separate Word and Excel documents. This includes text, spreadsheets, forms.
They must be put together as one document and then a PDF must be created
from it. Most of the documents are Word with some spreadsheets.

A complete Table of Contents of this entire document is also needed.

1.. I am staying away from using Master Documents.. Is it best to create
one large Word document by inserting the individual files using the Insert,
File command?
2.. What is the best way to insert the Excel documents - as a link? What
would happen if they were created as a link and then made a PDF?
3.. Page numbers must include the Chapter number in front i.e. 1-1,
1-2, and 2-1, 2-2, etc.
4.. The forms and Excel spreadsheets are to be included in the Table of
Contents.
5.. Would it be better to leave everything as separate documents, convert
them to PDF and then make up one PDF from the individual PDF's?

Thanks so much for the advice,

Ricki