#1   Report Post  

Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Post Working With Form Fields from Other Docs

Dear Forum

I am using Word 2010. I am making stand-alone handwritten/manual forms into automated user forms that team members can enter in formation and the data will populate throughout the document. Common fields (e.g, Customer Name, Product Description, Lot Number, etc.) will be the same for each form, but different for each client.

Right now, the forms are separate. However, they will be integrated depending upon product and client. For example:

Client 1 needs forms A, G, , H, J, X
Client 2 needs form B, C, D, J, X

My goal is to make client assembled pacakges for which these different forms will already be integrated.

Here is my questions:

1) If I bring all the forms together into one document, will I need to re-adjust the form fields, and/or will I need to create or have the main form fields, and then have the other fields reference those form fields so that the data will auto populate throughout the document? What would be the best approach?

Or

2) Are there any off the shelf applications that can sort of do this for me? Meaning, I just add the codes or bookmarks to the form, and a third-party application can be used to populate the data, as well as assemble multiple forms with the click of a button (I really don't want to recreate the wheel if I can get a app that can do what i need). Not looking for a custome app, but one that is already complete and has support.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

D