Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Question Problems with User Word Form & Macros

I created a user form with a macro to update all reference fields in the form. However, if the form is emailed to either internal or external stakeholders, the marco is stipped out of the file. I fully understand the need to ensure system security. However, we still need a user form that is easy to work with.

I have researched different options for the user form,but the end result is a macro or a third-party application. However, the company does not want to use either. Wtih that said:

Is there a way to update all data entry fields, without a macro? How can I get the fields to automatically populate without a macro or third party application? I think someone referred to a "Style" reference, but I cannot find that thread. Or, is there a way to use macros internally without creating system security risks/threats of virus attacks through macros?

Thank you in advace for your assistance and feedback.

Last edited by Dawn Reid : October 6th 14 at 03:38 PM Reason: correcting typos
Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Thumbs up

I was able to find an Update all Fields as well as Clear all Fields code to work this out. So, this issue was resolved.

There are a lot of great MVPs and code out there, so thank you to all the epxerts who lend a hand. I will pass it forward!

Marcos denmarfl Microsoft Word Help 6 September 11th 09 02:13 AM
User Form Problems Kenny Microsoft Word Help 4 September 23rd 07 10:00 PM
Remove marcos from Word documents? JT Blueboy Page Layout 1 July 19th 06 08:47 PM
Attempting to disable all user functionality in a form except for form entry [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 February 6th 06 03:37 PM
Marcos Amanda Microsoft Word Help 2 May 20th 05 04:46 PM