CandiceR CandiceR is offline
Junior Member

Default Developer - can't turn off creation mode

Hello!

I have just completed my first form, and would like to see if it works, only I can't turn off the creation mode (in order to activate the protection, as the "Activate the Protection" button is grayed-out for the moment).

When I click on the Creation mode button to turn it off I get the following message (I work in French, so this is my rough translation) :
Word cannot disabled the creation mode because a placeholder ["contrôle de contenu"] in a content control text contains invalid elements. Placeholder text cannot contain elements such as moving objects, revision marks or content controls. Delete these items from the placeholder text, and then try again.

I don't really understand this. My form contains regular text boxes, check boxes and lists (one list with place names and another with hours).
Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Candice
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which kind of controls have you added? For "filling in forms" protection,
you should use the legacy form fields (not content controls or ActiveX
controls).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP