Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RoxSn

Default Need an index with text identifier AND page numbers

I have a TOC that has about six pages of states that I would like
alphabetized. I know the best way to do this is with indexing but I also need
a text identifier inserted after the state name (title) and then the dot
leader and page number. I've figured out how to add the text using the
cross-reference box but then it doesn't put in dot leader and page number.
What would the correct switches be in the index field to get both the text
after the indexed state name, then dot leader and page number? Right now my
field looks like this:
{ XE "GEORGIA" \t "(RC)" }
Thanks!