Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish Trish is offline

Default Inserting files into Word 2003

Hi, I posted a question yesterday but didn't get a response, so perhaps I
didn't frame the question too well!

I have a Word 2003 document. I am trying to bring in other Word 2003
documents as editable parts of my main document. What I am finding is that
I lose all my formatting when I use Insert | File. If I use Insert | Object
I only get a graphic which can be resized and nothing else.

I did look through some other similar questions, and one person had
suggested that if I put a "page break continuous" at the beginning and at the
end of the source document, that should contain the formatting when it lands
in the destination document - regrettably that did not work for me. My
source document contains many hours of formatting work and it would be a
terrible waste of time to lose that in the destination document.

Also, how can I bring in editable Excel documents? When I tried Insert |
File I ended up with a whole lot of garbage!

This is a really important document that I need to complete quickly (hence
my working on it over the weekend), so I would be REALLY grateful if someone
could help me soon!

Many thanks. Trish :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Have you tried copy and paste?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Trish" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trish Trish is offline

Hi JoAnn, yes I did - I tried paste and paste special, but still lost my
formatting. Thanks for looking at this for me.

"Trish" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SamPris SamPris is offline

Try insert/merge document