Bronia

Default saving tables as templates

How do I save a new table I created in Word 2002 as a template for future use?

Well, you can save anything *in* a template (.dot file), but if I correctly
interpret what you're saying, you have a couple of options:

1. You can save a Table AutoFormat as a table style (not always very helpful
or successful).

2. You can save a formatted table as an AutoText entry.

"Bronia" wrote in message
How do I save a new table I created in Word 2002 as a template for future

use?

Mike

One suggestion about using AutoText for tables - it's a good idea to create
a table style. For example, most of my table autotext entries do not have
borders (or have customized borders), and this formatting is lost if they do
not have a customized style.

Mike

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Well, you can save anything *in* a template (.dot file), but if I

correctly
interpret what you're saying, you have a couple of options:

1. You can save a Table AutoFormat as a table style (not always very

helpful
or successful).

2. You can save a formatted table as an AutoText entry.

so
all may benefit.