Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geopla Geopla is offline

Default Line space (or height) problem

Hi all,

I have a small problem with Word 2007 that is rather difficult to explain.
I will try to make it as clear as possible without rambling.

When I write technical reports, I place 2€ť pictures to the right of each
paragraph. There may be as many as 5 pictures on each page (vertically). I
also add a caption to each picture (figure 1, figure 2, etc.) The problem is
that when I create long paragraphs, lets say 20 lines, and more than one
picture is placed below the top picture, the line spacing is not equal
between all lines of text. I have tried selecting all of the text and then
use the €śline space€ť option, but it doesnt change. I also tried to select
all pictures and click on €śalign right€ť, but that doesnt help either. No
matter what I do, I cannot make the line spacing equal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If I'm following you correctly, the problem is you have more space between
lines than you do others?

You might try clicking the Microsoft Office Button, clicking Word Options,
and then clicking Advanced. Scroll to the bottom and expand the Layout
Options. There you'll find several options, one that may help is Don't add
leading (extra space) between rows of text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Geopla" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a small problem with Word 2007 that is rather difficult to explain.
I will try to make it as clear as possible without rambling.

When I write technical reports, I place 2" pictures to the right of each
paragraph. There may be as many as 5 pictures on each page (vertically).
also add a caption to each picture (figure 1, figure 2, etc.) The problem
is
that when I create long paragraphs, let's say 20 lines, and more than one
picture is placed below the top picture, the line spacing is not equal
between all lines of text. I have tried selecting all of the text and
then
use the "line space" option, but it doesn't change. I also tried to
select
all pictures and click on "align right", but that doesn't help either. No