Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leroy Shelton Leroy Shelton is offline

Default file permission error

Recently, Word 2003 is returning file permission error messages when I try to
save normally. I can save normally one time when I work with a document, but
if I continue to work on the document and try to save again, I get a file
permission error message. I am working on a desktop at home. I do have a
router and a laptop that I network to the desktop, however I am the system
administrator. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm
Where are you saving the document? On the hard drive? - Repair Word
On removable media? - Never work directly with removable media. Always work
from the hard drive and *copy* to and from the media.
Over the network? - Check your network settings.

Leroy Shelton wrote:
Recently, Word 2003 is returning file permission error messages when
I try to save normally. I can save normally one time when I work with
a document, but if I continue to work on the document and try to
save again, I get a file permission error message. I am working on a
desktop at home. I do have a router and a laptop that I network to
the desktop, however I am the system administrator. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leroy Shelton Leroy Shelton is offline

Thank you for responding to my problem. I only save to my hard drive. I have
a home network of two computers, a desktop and a laptop with a router. I am
the administrator and my son is the only other user, but never at the same
time as I. I made sure my save options were the same as the ones listed in
your first web site. I then followed the directions in the first web site to
eliminate all the temporary files from C:\Docs and Settings\user name\local
settings\temp. These two steps allowed me to save a document about five
times before I got the file permission error again. I then went ahead and
also eliminated the temporary files from C:\Windows\temp. Since I took the
last step, I have not gotten another file permission error, even after saving
a document more than a dozen times. Hopefully, my problem has been solved.
Thanks again.

Leroy Shelton wrote:
Recently, Word 2003 is returning file permission error messages when
I try to save normally. I can save normally one time when I work with
a document, but if I continue to work on the document and try to
save again, I get a file permission error message. I am working on a
desktop at home. I do have a router and a laptop that I network to
the desktop, however I am the system administrator. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ste Ste is offline

i had the same message coming up on my laptop when i tried to save to my hard
drive. but as soon as i uninstalled microsoft live one care the problem never
occured again. if your running live one care try turning it off and see if
the error happens then