Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Default Hide gridlines ?

Ive benefited from help here; and Id appreciate a bit more, if someone has
time: I have made an 3-column index, with gridlines showing, [using Word
2002 €“WinXP] and I think that I used TableInsert Table to select the number
of columns and rows €“but I cant positively remember . The index is now
unwieldly €“ is taking up an unreasonable amount of space. [11.2 MB to index
a paper only 10 Kb long €“ there are some duplications which will eventually
be eliminated, but that wont amount to very much]. QUESTION: how can I
reduce the size of that monster by removing the gridlines ? Ive tried
TableHide gridlines, but that isnt getting to the gridlines. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Gridlines don't print. What you probably have are borders. Select the table,
then Format Borders and shading. Select none. Does that get rid of the
'gridlines' (borders)?
--
Rae Drysdale

"john" wrote:

Ive benefited from help here; and Id appreciate a bit more, if someone has
time: I have made an 3-column index, with gridlines showing, [using Word
2002 €“WinXP] and I think that I used TableInsert Table to select the number
of columns and rows €“but I cant positively remember . The index is now
unwieldly €“ is taking up an unreasonable amount of space. [11.2 MB to index
a paper only 10 Kb long €“ there are some duplications which will eventually
be eliminated, but that wont amount to very much]. QUESTION: how can I
reduce the size of that monster by removing the gridlines ? Ive tried
TableHide gridlines, but that isnt getting to the gridlines. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Show/Hide Gridlines is solely for how the table displays on your monitor.
If you are referring to lines in the table when you print you need to select
the table, click Borders and Shadings and select None. Your lines should be
gone.

However, I don't think this will make much difference in the size of the
document or table. Word tables can get really big really easily. I have no
experience with it but did you get this huge table using Word's indexing?

"john" wrote in message
I've benefited from help here; and I'd appreciate a bit more, if someone
has
time: I have made an 3-column index, with gridlines showing, [using Word
2002 -WinXP] and I think that I used TableInsert Table to select the
number
of columns and rows -but I can't positively remember . The index is now
unwieldly - is taking up an unreasonable amount of space. [11.2 MB to
a paper only 10 Kb long - there are some duplications which will
eventually
be eliminated, but that won't amount to very much]. QUESTION: how can I
reduce the size of that monster by removing the gridlines ? I've tried
TableHide gridlines, but that isn't getting to the gridlines. TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

Thanks to Rae and Joe - works perfectly - I would never have gotten it
otherwise. My Word book doesn't mention this,even when I know what I'm
looking for !