Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kppaknship

Default How can I have a template insert the date, each time it is called?

I have a Pack & Ship store. When people simply drop-off a package, we use a
template to record the drop-off. I'd like my template to automatically insert
the date, each time I call up the template as a new document.
--
Best regards,
SSG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Insert a properly formatted CreateDate field in your template where you want
the date. It will update to the current date when a new document is created.
See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"kppaknship" wrote in message
I have a Pack & Ship store. When people simply drop-off a package, we use a
template to record the drop-off. I'd like my template to automatically
insert
the date, each time I call up the template as a new document.
--
Best regards,
SSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

kppaknship wrote:
I have a Pack & Ship store. When people simply drop-off a package, we
use a template to record the drop-off. I'd like my template to
automatically insert the date, each time I call up the template as a
new document.

Use the Insert Field dialog to insert a CreateDate field in the template
at the location you want the date to appear. When a new document is based on
the template, the field will display the date the document (not the
template) was created.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm for more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kppaknship

Default How can I have a template insert the date, each time it is cal

Charles,

Thank you. It worked fine!
--
Best regards,
Steve

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Insert a properly formatted CreateDate field in your template where you want
the date. It will update to the current date when a new document is created.
See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"kppaknship" wrote in message
I have a Pack & Ship store. When people simply drop-off a package, we use a
template to record the drop-off. I'd like my template to automatically
insert
the date, each time I call up the template as a new document.
--
Best regards,
SSG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement