Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
H. B. Santos

Default Page Numbering Backwards

In Word 2003, is there a way to number pages backwards? For example, the
document has one section with 85 pages. I would like the first page to be
numbered 85, the second page 84, the third page 83, etc.
--
H. B. Santos
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Instead of a normal page number field, you can use ..

{ = { numpages } - { page } + 1 }

(where the braces are all entered via Ctrl+F9)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"H. B. Santos" wrote in message
In Word 2003, is there a way to number pages backwards? For example, the
document has one section with 85 pages. I would like the first page to be
numbered 85, the second page 84, the third page 83, etc.
--
H. B. Santos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
H. B. Santos

Suzanne,

I have only one section, as noted in my origiinal post. I will, however,
keep your solution in mind for documents with more than one section. Thanks.
--
H. B. Santos

"H. B. Santos" wrote in message
In Word 2003, is there a way to number pages backwards? For example, the
document has one section with 85 pages. I would like the first page to

be
numbered 85, the second page 84, the third page 83, etc.
--
H. B. Santos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I misunderstood your saying, "For example, the document has one section with
85 pages," to mean that there were other sections with different numbers of
pages.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Since H. B. says he has several sections, he may need:

{ = { sectionpages} - { page } + 1 }

newsgroup so
all may benefit.