Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dale061327

Default No answer to What is This? when rt clicking a term in Menu drop-do

I'm using Word 03 on XP. When I right click a term in a drop-down window from
any Menu Bar item to ask "What is this?" nothing happens. Where do I go to
make a setting that will activate a reply to "What is this?"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

The "What's this?" feature is not included in Word 2003.

dale061327 wrote:
I'm using Word 03 on XP. When I right click a term in a drop-down window from
any Menu Bar item to ask "What is this?" nothing happens. Where do I go to
make a setting that will activate a reply to "What is this?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dale061327

Default No answer to What is This? when rt clicking a term in Menu dro

Appreciate the insight. No wonder I could find a way to activate it. Hard to
believe why MS would leave out such a helpful feature.
Dale061327

dale061327 wrote:
I'm using Word 03 on XP. When I right click a term in a drop-down window from
any Menu Bar item to ask "What is this?" nothing happens. Where do I go to
make a setting that will activate a reply to "What is this?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Dale,

MS changed the help files in Office 2003 so that if you use F1 in a dialog or click the [?] icon on the dialog you should get a help
page that lists the entries for the dialog.

======
"dale061327" wrote in message ...
Appreciate the insight. No wonder I could find a way to activate it. Hard to
believe why MS would leave out such a helpful feature.
Dale

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dale061327

Appreciated Bob's reply, but . . . still having a problem. Example:
1. I am working in Office Word 2003 with XP platform.
2. I am on "Formula" in Tables.
3. I have a dialogue box on screen called, "Formula." It has 3 dialogue
lines or boxes, "Formula," "Number format," and "Paste function."
4. I want, say for instance, to get more help with "Paste function." With an
earlier version of Word I would right click on "Paste function" and a little
tag would pop out, "What is this?" Then by clicking on the "What is this?"
tag, one would receive a nice definition or description of the term "Paste
function" in a little cream-colored box.

Bob's "solution" does, in fact bring up a help panel--the same one that
comes from clicking "Help" in the Menu bar, but the help is not specific to
the current dialogue component on the screen, as far as I can see.

An earlier post stated that this function is not included in 2003. It seems
that is the case. Anyone else have information in this regard?

dale061327