Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rafael Rafael is offline

Default how do you insert multiple word files into one document?

I wanted to merge several chapters of a manuscript into one file.

Is there another way other than insert file after each previous page?

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could use IncludeText fields.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rafael" wrote in message
I wanted to merge several chapters of a manuscript into one file.

Is there another way other than insert file after each previous page?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C. Moya C. Moya is offline

Lookup Word's Master Documents feature.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...870021033.aspx

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com
"Rafael" wrote in message
I wanted to merge several chapters of a manuscript into one file.

Is there another way other than insert file after each previous page?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C. Moya C. Moya is offline

One would think MS has fixed this aspect by now. I've personally never had a
problem with Master Documents. It kinda reminds me of nobody using Word as
the e-mail editor in Outlook 2002 and 2003 (despite the fact that it's
pretty much perfect and very helpful Ol2002 and up) just based on previous
version's performance penalties or quirks.

In any case, it begs the question: the premier word processing software on
the market can't handle large documents of any sort of complexity? Sheesh.

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com

C. Moya wrote:
Lookup Word's Master Documents feature.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...870021033.aspx

I wanted to merge several chapters of a manuscript into one file.

Is there another way other than insert file after each previous page?

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you dislike the application so much, as all your posts seem to indicate,
you are free to use a different product. There are several to choose from.
As for large documents, Word can handle single documents of thousands of
pages so the master document function is hardly necessary.

Lots of people use Word as e-mail editor - but it isn't compulsory, and
Outlook's own editor is quite up to the task.

C. Moya wrote:
Lookup Word's Master Documents feature.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...870021033.aspx

I wanted to merge several chapters of a manuscript into one file.

Is there another way other than insert file after each previous
page? thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C. Moya C. Moya is offline

How do I "dislike the application so much?" I said the Master Documents
feature has worked fine for me for years-- with big technical documents
(50-100 pages) and white papers with disparate sections, addendums, and
embedded objects (Visio, etc) no less. And I also said WordMail is perfect
(as of Ol2002 and up). Having spelling squigglies is a godsend as is the
ability to insert tables. Corporate e-mail need not be stuck in 1996.