Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Howard is offline

Default Spell check stopped working

After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week, my spell
check program stopped working. How can I get it to work again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.
--
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

On office button ( left top corner) click on it, choose word option and then
on

proofing." Check the grammer and spelling option" and "check spelling as i
type" are selected or not.

--
GuRuVeEr

http://guruveer.blog.com

"Howard" wrote:

After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week, my spell
check program stopped working. How can I get it to work again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.
--
Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check if the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" exists and if it does delete it.

Howard wrote:
After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week,
my spell check program stopped working. How can I get it to work
again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From windows Start Run type regedit and press the enter key. This will
open an Explorer-like dialog.
In the left window look follow the path indicated in my earlier message and
if found select and delete it. Close the registry editor.

Graham, how do I do that?

Howard wrote:
After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week,
my spell check program stopped working. How can I get it to work
again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Howard is offline

That registry key does NOT exist.

Not what?
--
Howard

"Howard" wrote:

Graham, how do I do that?
--
Howard

Howard wrote:
After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week,
my spell check program stopped working. How can I get it to work
again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Howard Howard is offline

That registry key does NOT exist.

What else can I try?
--
Howard

Howard wrote:
After a Microsoft Word update was automatically installed last week,
my spell check program stopped working. How can I get it to work
again?

I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP machine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It appears that others have experienced the same problem. One other 'cure'
that appeared to work was to set up a different user profile - see
http://help.lockergnome.com/office/W...ict909134.html