Joe

Default Problem Printing Cover Sheet

One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover page
for her daughter's resume.

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version of
Word.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.

--

Regards
Joe

Stan Brown

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:26:54 +1000, "Joe"
wrote:

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

If you mean literally to the edged (what printers call "bleeding",
it's determined by the printer and not by the application such as
Word. Most printers have an "unprintable area" on all for sides of
the paper.

If you're using the printer driver for your specific printer, then
when MS Word tells you you're trying to print outside the printable
area, it's getting the information from the driver. Your only option
is to use a larger sheet of paper and then trim it manually.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)

Luc

JR,
Works fine here, JR.
If the pageborder doesn't print the link Suzanne gave should solve your
problem. Usually I advise people with that problem to put the border
distance measured from the text and not from the edge of the paper. You can
do that in the borders and shading dialogue by hitting the options button.
Click on the list arrow next to measured from and choose text. Increase the
measurement without exaggerating.
Just my two cents though.
Luc
"JR" onejmATcomcast.net schreef in bericht

"Joe" wrote in message
One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover

page
for her daughter's resume.

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet
of

A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version
of
Word.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania

Joe

Many thanks to all who answered. I have forwarded your information onto the
lady concerned and hope she can achieve success.

--

Regards
Joe
news
wrote:

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of
A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

If you mean literally to the edged (what printers call "bleeding",
it's determined by the printer and not by the application such as
Word. Most printers have an "unprintable area" on all for sides of
the paper.

If you're using the printer driver for your specific printer, then
when MS Word tells you you're trying to print outside the printable
area, it's getting the information from the driver. Your only option
is to use a larger sheet of paper and then trim it manually.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)

Russs

"Joe" wrote in message
One of our Senior Members has got a problem trying to print out a cover

page
for her daughter's resume.

What she is trying to do is put a box border around the complete sheet of

A4
but cannot work out how to get the border to extend to all edges of the
paper.

She is using XP Pro with Microsoft Office 2000 and the included version
of
Word.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how this may be achieved please.

--

Regards
Joe
Tasmania

That is not a broken link.
It has been mentioned frequently in the Mac word forum that when using a
browser like Safari on a Mac, you must hit the refresh button a couple of
times to see the webpage displayed on that particular website. So if you go
to that site and only see menus at the top of the page hit the refresh or
reload current page button to see the rest of the page.
If you revisit the same webpage later, it may come up right away if it still
in your browser's webpage cache.
--
Russs

drsmN0SPAMikleAThotmailD0Tcom.INVALID -- fix this before replying