JR

Default Table of Contents

I have a document that is made up of linked word documents. Each
document has a Header1, Header2 and Header2 for the groupings. They
are all linked into Master.doc and in Master.doc I geneate a Table of
Contents. This worked fine and looked like:

Header1..........1
Header2........1
Header3.......2
Header1..........4 etc.

then all of a suddent after making a lot of corrections I started to
get a TOC that looked like this:

Header1..........1
Header1..........1
Header2........1
Header3......2
Header1..........4

Can't figure out where the second line is coming from. It doesn't
appear the the second linked document or in the master document. If I
delete Header1 from the first linked document BOTH go away. when I put
it back the both reappear.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dawn Crosier

Did you also manually mark your TOC entries? Using both Heading
styles and {TC "Header1" \l 1} fields? You might try turning on your
Show/Hide so you can see hidden text .

Let us know what you find.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"JR" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

JR

Actually I did find the answer. It appears anyway. The Header1 that
showed up twice was the first line on the page. All the others had a
blank (normal) line before the Header1 line and they only showed up
once. When I put the blank line in front of the first Header1 the TOC
entries went back to only one entry.

Don't know if that was the answer but it did fix it.

Thanks,

Jim

JR

I actually found the answer. By turning on the Show/Hide I saw that
there was a blank line before each Header1 on all the pages except the
one that had the double entry in the TOC. By putting the blank line in
the first one it double entry went away. Don't know if that was the
correct answer but it worked as a good solution.

Thanks,

Jim