Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Suresh Menon

Default Using MS-Word for data entry on pre-printed forms

Its Tax time and I am filling out the IRS 1040`s and I downloaded the 1040
PDF. Now I am up to the task I almost hate. Manually filling in the forms.
Either I can write legibly (requires a lot of patience) or I can use my old
typewriter (Of course I can purchase the Tax Software, but assume I don`t
want to spend). Well this applies to filling out any forms - like applying
for a State/Fed job - I need to fill out the 7 to 9 page form after printing
the PDF.
What I was thinking is a way to get these PDF files as a background in
MS-Word and filling the forms by aligning my information (It may sound
tedious - but I can get used to that). Finally I can print just my answers on
the preprinted PDF without printing the background. It would look perfect if
the aligning is done right.
Is this possible?
Thanks for your time.